This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work. Download our sustainability policy here.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
• implement environmental actions within the company
• monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
• communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally.
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for the company.
Spark Media respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Spark Media commits to the following principles and practices:
• Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
• Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
• Maximising the recycling of resources. We will reuse props and wardrobe where applicable.
• Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
• Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
• Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel. Company policy is to travel to set by one vehicle or train where possible.
• Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
• Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
• Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
Responsibility and Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of Spark Media. This policy was lasted updated June 2023 and will be review June 2024.